The Television and Film Production Technology Program teaches students professionalism through hands-on training and real-life experiences. Students are prepared to function as members of a production team by actually working in the same environment found in television, radio, and production facilities. Students also learn the art of interviewing and news-gathering techniques.
Educational activities include:
- GNN, The Gator News Network, is a daily in school broadcast that informs students and faculty about activities, sporting
events and school policies
- Special projects, such as student produced dramas, comedies, and videos that have included public service announcements for Peggy Adams Animal Rescue and Teen Hotline.
- Videos submitted to state competitions including F.A.M.E. and Palm Beach County Film Festival
- Live streaming of PBGHS home sporting events with Play On Sports.
- Juniors and seniors take trips to such places as New York City and go backstage on various television shows and production facilities such as Good Morning America, The Chew, Katie and The People’s Court.
- Gator Film Festival
- PBGHS Gator Radio Station on Live 365
- Internships at local stations.
- Earn Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Industry Certifications
With many movies and programs being produced right here in Palm Beach County, the opportunities in South Florida are exciting and numerous.