The Global Business & Entrepreneurship program has been designed to simulate a college curriculum. Students take cornerstone courses their freshman and sophomore years, which give them essential skills, and an overview in the Global Business area through guest speakers, field trips, and the use of technology. Participation in Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) and R.O.P.E.S. leadership training helps magnet students enhance their skills in communication, problem solving, teamwork and computer technology.
Students then specialize with higher-level capstone courses during their junior and senior years. This leads to eligibility for the Bright Futures Scholarship Program and a paid internship at a local business where students can apply the knowledge they learned in class in a real world environment. Students also volunteer at local elementary and middle schools through teaching Junior Achievement programs and specialized reading programs. This integration of curriculum prepares students for top universities while giving them experiences they can build on their whole lives.
Students specializing in Global Business & Entrepreneurship are prepared with business skills necessary to become successful entrepreneurs and leaders in the global marketplace. With Entrepreneurship magazine recently voting Palm Beach County #1 in the nation for small business growth, opportunities are endless.
Students’ activities include:
- Membership in Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)
- Paid Executive Internships at such places as Fidelity Federal, North Palm Beach Chamber of Commerce and the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Palm Beach County
- Setting up and running an international company in GLOBE Economics, a Junior Achievement course in which students have worked directly with sister schools in Japan, Canada, Russia, Indonesia and Scotland
- Field trips to such places as New York City, the Port of Palm Beach, the Federal Reserve in Miami, and the Palm Beach County Courthouse
- Freshman Student Mentoring Program
- Teaching Junior Achievement courses at local elementary schools
These experiences are invaluable in preparing students for post-secondary schools and success in the world of business.